Well spring is in full swing with asparagus and ramps pushing through the earth, and the virtues of summer are just around the corner thankfully. Here’s a dish to kick in some lovely al fresco dining whether for lunch or a nice light dinner…. Salad Tuna Nicoise!! This has been a Bank street staple for years, kudos to Chef Eric Bimm who now runs our whiolesale department for this WBOH throwback!
Tuna Nicoise Salad
- 2 6oz Ahi tuna Steaks
- WBOH fish seasoning mix
- Terramor Farms mixed greens and baby spinach
- Perfectly cooked eggs (sorry guys you need to peel them)
- Rideau Pines Farm asparagus (picked this morning!)
- Boiled new potaotes
- Kalamata olives
- Heirloom grape tomatoes
- Lemon thyme vinaigrette
- Pre heat bbq grill to medium high (gonna cook these tuna steaks hard and fast baby!)
- Pat dry tuna steaks and season with wboh seasoning mix
- Toss potatoes with a little s&p and olive oil (you’ll warm these up quickly on the grill)
- Toss the asparagus with some s&p and olive oil and get ready for the grill.
- Pit olives and cut grape tomatoes in half
- Peel eggs
- Place greens in large enough bowl to be able to toss everything together.
- Grill Tuna to liking, I think about 1.5 – 2 minutes per side for medium rare
- Grill asparagus and potatoes.
- Toss Greens with vinaigrette, olives and tomatoes… place down on plates. Garnish with grilled asparagus and potatoes, slice peeled eggs in have and place on plates.
- Slice Tuna, go to the plate. Fresh cracked pepper maybe a little finishing salt and voila!
Bon Appetite from The Whalesbone Kitchen and Crew!