A prized off cut from the halibut fishery, the flesh sweet like a scallop with a little more bite to it than a halibut filet or steak. Breaded and pan fried they are a chef favourite and effing delicious! We’ve included some of our garlic caper mayo for dipping… yummy!
Panko breaded and Pan fried Halibut Cheeks
- 1 pound of halibut cheeks
- panko breadcrumbs for breading
- garlic caper mayo for dipping
- You will need 3 eggs and a ½ cup of milk or water to make an egg wash for breading the halibut cheeks.
- Pat dry halibut cheeks
- Set up your breading station, you will need flour (about a cup), the egg wash and panko breadcrumbs (a container for flour, a container for egg and a container for panko
- Dust halibut cheeks with flour, individually dip in egg wash and then dip into breading. Place breaded cheeks on a plate as they are ready.
- Frying pan on medium high heat… a little olive oil and a couple of nubs of butter… let butter brown a bit in pan and then start frying the halibut cheeks for about 1.5 minutes per side. Place on a plate with paper towel to absorb any excess grease.
- Serve crispy fried cheeks with some lemon and the garlic caper mayo… BAM!
Bon Appetite from The Whalesbone Kitchen and Crew!
Sign up for the Whalesbone newsletter!
No spam - Just the occasional nudge on what's new and upcoming with everything Whalesbone.